Paintable Plastic Lattice Tips
Dimensions™ Paintable Plastic Lattice (Tips pdf: English/French/Spanish) has been formulated to allow exterior paints for plastic to adhere. However, we do not recommend applying paint to standard Dimensions Plastic Lattice. Most paints will not adhere to standard lattice and will quickly start to peel.
Materials Needed: Dimensions Paintable Plastic Lattice, aerosol primer for plastic*, and aerosol paint for plastic
- Clean the surface of the lattice with a solution of warm water and dish soap. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Apply two thin coats of primer for plastic over the entire surface, as instructed on the can. Allow to dry thoroughly between coats.
- Once the second coat of primer is dry, apply two thin coats of aerosol for plastic paint over the entire surface, per product directions. Allow to dry between coats as directed.
* Paint for plastic can be used without primer per product instructions. This information is given in good faith, without warranty, and for guidance purposes only since the nature and quality of the paint or primer purchased by the consumer is out of UFP's control. Under no circumstances should these instructions be followed if they are contrary to the instructions or advice given by the primer or paint manufacturer.
Wood Lattice Installation Tips
Best Practices and How-Tos for Wood Lattice Installation — pdf: English/Spanish
Plastic Lattice Installation Tips
Dimensions Plastic Lattice is easy to install with conventional tools. Matching dividers and caps simplify installation and provide great-looking results.
1. Lattice must be attached to a self-supporting structure or frame. Suspend lattice from the top row of fasteners.
2. Along the top, predrill oversized holes every two feet through both the moulding and the lattice and fasten with screws. Do not over-tighten screws.
3. Along the sides and bottom, predrill oversized holes every two feet through the moulding only and fasten with screws. Do not over-tighten screws. Use rust-resistant screws for best long-term results.
4. For a finished, professional look, connect panels with Dimensions Plastic Lattice dividers and frame with caps. Always allow 1/4" gap between the lattice edge and moulding to permit expansion and contraction with temperature changes.
CAUTION: Do not install lattice in a horizontal application. Without proper support, lattice may sag, ripple and retain heat.