Now Trending: Natural Plywood Décor that Makes Itself Right at Home
Posted 09/01/2018 by The Dimensions™ DIY Team
We’re big fans. And where clean lines meet natural woodgrain and organic elements, simplicity becomes the epitome of modern design. It's about airiness. Spaces that don’t feel busy or look cluttered. Ultimately, the reason modern style endures.
Need even more reasons to embrace a clean and simple design scheme? It's both affordable and DIYable. For easy, modern décor projects, Dimensions Project Panels are the perfect, budget-friendly component. Not only do these smaller panels transport in any mid-sized sedan, they can be customized and transformed with only a few simple tools. Minimal investment, maximum results.
Project panels come in a variety of species that each bring a distinctive feeling to a space. And each panel itself is organically unique, offering an unlimited number of looks to choose from. For a craftsman look, let the raw beauty of the natural wood steal the show. For a clean, crisp look, paint them up. What’s our favorite way to style a project panel? Do both!
Looking for modern DIY projects that embody the beauty of simplicity, can be finished in an afternoon and built with perfectly sized project panels? Let’s dive in.
Growing Spaces - DIY plywood bedside shelf with Gorilla Glue
- Corner shelving this clean and simple makes a statement in any room. We love the way the perpendicular panels give this piece such depth of character, we're ready to take our own shelf designs to a whole new level.
Via uncommon projects - Bespoke plywood furniture
- There’s no reason for storage shelves to be ugly and utilitarian. Offset dividers and colored back panels are the keys to this great look. Plan your shelves to fit your unique storage needs by cutting the grooves into the project panels right where you need them. Then simply slide in as many as you want. Clean and simple!
Sofa/chair arm rest tray table stand via KeoDecor on Etsy
- Hate it when the remote is just out of reach? Your drink just a few inches too far from your fingertips? Form meets function in one of the simplest yet fantastically convenient pieces we’ve seen recently. Slide this ingenious little side table under the bottom edge of your couch or chair and live for your next deliciously lazy day binge-watching your favorite show.
Check out this DIY mid century nightstand. You could even use this an end table and pair that with a similar coffee table. Via Burkatron Blog
- Hairpin legs and natural sanded plywood give off a classically modern vibe. This smart little end table or nightstand has clean mitered joints that add simple style – even elegance – style to any living room or bedroom.
An upcycled window frame makes a great weekly calendar. Via Almost Makes Perfect Blog
- Why not take an artistic approach to an everyday item? This clock may look high-end, but with a simple clockwork kit, some metal hardware and a little paint or stain, you can create your own. (Seriously, it's under $50! We did the math.)
Via DIY Huntress -DIY Plywood Mountain Wood Art
- We’re in love with modern wooden wall décor. The best thing about a project like this is your ability to customize the design any way your heart desires. With a few simple stencils or masking tape and a little stain or paint, creating modern art is a breeze.
Via a bubbly life - painted plywood headboard
- Woodgrain? Check. Paint? Check. Clean lines? Check. This headboard checks so many boxes, it should be a standardized test. Natural woodgrain paired with a color block creates a look that really works! And it's nothing but plywood and paint. So simple!
Via crowdyhouse- 3D plywood bookshelf
- Okay guys and gals, could you love this more?! Using simple project panels in such creative way definitely makes this a stand-out book shelf. It’s modern design for the win!
Via urbanplusforest Etsy - White Birch forest wall shelf
- So STUNNING, we barely have words…. When done right, incorporating natural elements into a clean décor design creates incredible results. You’ll never look at yard waste the same again.
Via thisisladyland - clever built-in storage
- Modular shelving is in, in, in. Notches at incremental distances allows for complete customization. Such a great-looking, simple and convenient solution.
Via realitydaydream - geometric plywood accent wall
- Now this is the showstopper! Geometric shapes are an affordable way to give an ordinary space a fabulous makeover. Simply cut plywood into a repetitive series of shapes and turn a plain wall into an accent wall like no other.
Via diyrecyclist - hexagon shelves
- Hexagons are hot! (Dare we say they have hex appeal?) Geometric shapes are trending, but the hexagon stands the test of time. The frequency at which they occur throughout our natural world (honeycombs, rock formations, crystals, worm holes, snowflakes, turtle shells…) draws us into their organic sensibility that never goes out of style. So hexpect to see them everywhere for a very long time.
Via a mydecolab - modern light shelf
- This dreamy little lighted shelf is easily our favorite DIY-friendly idea of this post, beloved for its simplicity and clean modern style. Swap out that ordinary, dated nightstand and lamp combo for a shelf that mounts directly to the wall and features a built-in light. But don’t limit yourself to the idea of using it bedside-only. Anywhere close enough to an outlet is the perfect spot for this modern focal point. And the real beauty is that you only need a few simple tools to build it.
Gotta make a pair of these simple, clean, affordable light shelves? Stay tuned for our Modern-Inspired Light Shelf Project in our next DIY companion project post just two weeks away!
See you then!
Never Miss a Post!
Skip the need to check back for each month's spotlight trend and DIY companion project. Simply sign up for our convenient new-post updates at the very bottom of this page.