Pantone's Color of the Year: Living Coral
Posted 04/05/2019 by The Dimensions™ DIY Team
Ever wonder why it seems like every spring just about every product is suddenly available in an entirely new color you've never seen before? Pantone is the likely culprit. For nearly 20 years, Pantone has forecast the color trend of the year. This year's top color? Living Coral. And it. Is. Everywhere. Love it or hate it, it's bigger than you think.
- Here it is in all its glory! A warm pink that lends itself beautifully to home décor. It brightens and freshens. But most of all, it's just so HAPPY!
Via Pantone - 2019 color of the year
- Here's a great example of something we expect to see a lot of. This is one of the most common uses of the Color of the Year – an inexpensive, low-commitment way to update your space.
Via farmhouse style living - living coral accent wall
- We typically only feature the ways trends influence our living spaces, but this color is proving to have a scope far beyond previous years' picks. One reason could be its incredible versatility. It looks great with just about everything, on everyone, and virtually everywhere it goes.
Via unique vintage - living coral dress
- Who could resist the lure of a late-morning, weekend nap in this irresistible bed dressed in Living Coral?
Via walmart.com - living coral bedspread
- No backsplash? Perfect! Just another opportunity to extend the reach of The Color of the Year.
Via better homes and gardens - living coral kitchen
- As if we didn't see this coming, nail polish comes in Living Coral too. But it can be used in far more ways than just on your nails! Did you know you can paint ceramics, metals, plastics and even wood with nail polish? Great for small crafts and DIY accents!
Via butter london - living coral nail polish
- Another trend we expect to see plenty of this year? Living Coral mixed with metallics. Actually, everything mixed with metallics!
Via lamps plus - coral lamp
- Breathe new life into an old entertainment center or dresser. Repurposing furniture is another excellent way to get the trendy looks you love with a minimal amount of commitment and expense.
Via - apartmentguide.com
- This one might be our favorite example of how much Pantone influences the world around us. Google Home Minis are currently available in 5 colors, chalk, charcoal, aqua, and you guessed it, coral.
Via google - google home mini
- How much easier can it be to bring a color into a room than this?! We've all seen this exact dining chair a million times in its typical light woodgrain. Repaint with Living Coral, and look at that! Yawn-inducing no longer!
Via furniture choice - coral chair
- Looking for your next Ikea hack? Here's an inexpensive Ikea dresser painted Living Coral. Adorable knobs and white accents complete its disguise (and Ikea origin), while you come off looking like a design prodigy.
Via Thistlewood Farms
- Last but not least, we love making bold statements with DIY wall art, and this is an insanely affordable way to add this year's hottest color to your home. A simple piece of plywood taped to create your favorite geometric designs, plus whatever color combinations you like best. And in two weeks, we'll show you how we make our own version – for next to nothing!
Via classy clotter - diy diamond ripple wall art
As always, stick with us and we'll show you how to achieve the looks you love for less.
Don’t want to miss it? Simply sign up for our update emails at the very bottom of this page.
See you in two weeks, DIYers!