Break free of your wall décor rut with DIYable, interchangeable-art frames
Posted 01/10/2020 by The Dimensions™ DIY Team
Ever wish there were a trendier, classier way to display your kids' artwork – or something you created yourself – rather than sticking it to the fridge with alphabet magnets? What if it were also DIYable and easily interchangeable, allowing you to swap pieces in and out so your look never went stale? There is! Check out these cool ways our fellow DIYers have found to display their favorite art du jour (even if it's sometimes made with macaroni...).
. Via place of my taste - diy giant wall art
- To create a very traditional look, many people DIY frames out of 1" pine or these gorgeous charred project boards. It's inexpensive, looks great, and it's completely customizable.
Via renovated faith -diy floating frame
- Using inexpensive, pre-made frames from your local craft store, you can make these sleek-looking displays using nothing but clear double-sided tape. Simply secure your artwork to the inside of the glass or plexi and leave off the backing that comes standard with any frame. Best part? It's a 20-minute project, tops.
. Via anikas diy life - simple photo frame
- Rather than slapping your child's art on the fridge, create what appears to be an expensive, professional collection by DIYing these minimalist, interchangeable-art frames. Plywood, stain, plexiglass and screws is all it takes. CA-UTE!
Via diy big ideas - army men frame
- We love this if for no other reason than that it reminds us that frames can be dressed up any way you like! In fact, it gives literal meaning to the phrase, "Think outside the box." Plus, you might just end up with one of the coolest frames on the internet.
Via etsy - shadowbox picture frames
- For a more modern, Scandi look, consider these simple, rich shadowboxes enhanced by the contrast of these beautiful black and white photos. Sooo fabulous!
Via completely coastal - diy driftwood frames
- Coastal vibes on the horizon! Create these cool driftwood frames using not much more than small finish nails and a hammer. Whether you take a leisurely beach stroll to collect your driftwood or buy it online, there aren't many frames that will set a mood in a room the way these will.
Via penumatic addict- Frameless floating art
- Clean, contemporary and sleek describe this fantastic, minimalist frame. Brass sign standoffs offer an upscale, architectural, 3D look that's at home almost everywhere.
Via wildflowers in autumn - diy vintage poster frames
- Feeling crafty? Check out these easy poster frames, here showing off sweet, simple botanical illustrations. They're an artsy way to display just about anything at all!
Via our house now a home - simple wall decor
Via jaime costigilo - diy framed photo art
- Last but not least, this great plywood and plexiglass frame is stained to add a dose of POP! to this art. We love the natural simplicity of the visible woodgrain, as well as the way the plies were left visible at the edges. Nice touch!
Join us in two weeks when we'll show you how to make your very own interchangeable-art picture frame using the simplest, most affordable materials. And as always, we'll walk you through it step-by-step! This one's gonna be a showstopper, but also fast and entirely doable with basic tools. We can't wait!
Don’t want to miss it? Simply sign up for our update emails at the very bottom of this page.
See you in two weeks with another #trendiy project you're sure to love as much as we do!